Mass spectrometry based methods of analysis for biologically active compounds
Advanced Spectroscopic and Analytical Techniques
Academic year 2021/2022
- Prof. Claudio Medana (Titolare del corso)
- Teaching period
- Second semester
- 3 CFU
- Course disciplinary sector (SSD)
- CHIM/01 - analytical chemistry
- Formal authority
- Type of examination
Sommario del corso
- Bioactive compounds: chemical classes and concentration levels. Ionization.
- Extraction and sample preparation. LLE vs. SPE, SPME, SBSE. Derivatization.
- Quantitative analysis in bio-samples: interferences / matrix effects.
- GC, SFC and LC-MS: chromatographic systems for bioanalysis (RP, IP, HILIC, etc.); ionization sources (ESI, APCI); MS-analyzers (TQ / IT / TOF / HRMS, etc.). MS-imaging.
Advanced applications and methodologies in biology and biotechnologies.
Metabolomics by Mass Spectrometry. Targeted and Untargeted metabolic profiling.Drugs in environmental samples / biofluids screening / -omics.
The lectures will be held in room D1, with simultaneous streaming on webex website https://unito.webex.com/meet/claudio.medana
Suggested readings and bibliography
May 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20 from 16:00 to 18:00 (room D1)
- Enrollment opening date
- 07/02/2022 at 00:00
- Enrollment closing date
- 30/09/2022 at 00:00